27 KILOMETERS PEDALING NEXT TO THE MAGICAL WATER CIRCLE IN THE SISGA DAM
A paradise of nature and water that captivates visitors
The majestic view from the viewpoint will witness that we have reached an aquatic paradise. You can see this after a short car trip from Bogotá.
That’s right, the dam looks imposing after peering over the bridge where we can see it from the heights, but as we travel the road that surrounds it by bicycle, the planted forests and grazing meadows will make us feel as if we were right in paradise . Tranquility, pure air, pines, Andean forest trees, siete cueros trees leathers, mosses and frailejones mix to give us pure air and beauty. We always perceive how the dam takes care of us, because its magnitude will always be around us.
Sports are at their core
In the Sisga dam, in addition to cycling, during some seasons, water sports such as sailing, wind surfing, artisanal fishing and diving are also practiced; The dam has a height of 52 meters, which allows divers to dive everywhere in the dam
In addition, the dam meets a service objective as it was built in 1951 to prevent flooding in the Savannah and to store water during the rainy season and thus supply the capital of Colombia, in case of droughts.
At the end of our tour, we will have lunch at a restaurant with a beautiful view. We can enjoy local dishes including trout that is famous in the region.
- 28 kilometers
- 2.800 meters
Height above sea level.
- 3 horas
PRICE: USD 105
- 8: 00 a.m.
Recogida en Bogotá y viaje en transporte privado Bogotá / Sisga.
- 9:30 a.m.
Inicio de la ruta
- 1:00 p.m.
Fin de la ruta y almuerzo
- 2:00 p.m.
Regreso a Bogotá
- 4:00 p.m.
- Route: 28 Kilometers
- Maximum height: 2.800 m.a.s.l.
- Duration of the route: 3 hours
- Private land transportation Bogotá / Represa del Sisga / Bogotá.
- Bicycle (Mountain Bike).
- Health insurance
- Photographic record
On the route:
- Energy bars
- Hydration drinks
- Assistance car/ mechanic following the group during all trips.
- Anything not mentioned in the package.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Additional drinks (to those offered by BIT).
- Purchases of personal items during your trip.
- Additional activities or tours.
- Transportation of extra people (family or friends).
- Extra transfers
- Sportswear and comfortable clothes. You can check the pants with pad for cyclists offered by BIT.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Light jacket (windbreaker)