TABIO – TENJO
THETHE HILL OF THE DANCING LIGHTS ACCOMPANY US THROUGH OUR JOURNEY BY TABIO AND TENJO AND CONNECT US WITH THE SECRETS OF MUISCA CULTURE AND UFO STORIES
In 26 kilometers we will pass between mountains, we will climb the Lourdes hill and discover two charming villages of the Sabana de Bogotá.
Looking at the top of its mountains you can guess why they are sacred. Their importance in the region, their permanent presence, make them an icon. The ancient inhabitants of the savannah made rituals, offerings and even buried their dead. (Sacred place) This is the Muisca culture, a peaceful and organized indigenous people that inhabited this area. From the top hill they had the perspective of the entire region and defended themselves against attacks. stories of the inhabitants of the region tells that, on the top of Juaica (the highest rock of these mountains) lights have been seen since the time of the conquest. Maybe that’s why it’s called “The hill of dancing lights.”
We will arrive in Tabio after traveling an hour by car from Bogotá. From there we will travel a total of 28 km by bike we will go to the beautiful town of Tenjo; These are two lovely municipalities where some of our world cycling champions were born and trained.
The cozy squares of these municipalities, which offer crafts, history, culture and local cuisine welcome us with open arms.
- 8: 00 a.m.
Pick up in Bogotá (meeting point) and travel by private transport Bogotá / Tabio.
- 9:30 a.m.
We start our bike tour to Tenjo
- 10:30 a.m.
We will have a local snack in Tenjo.
- 12:30 p.m.
Arrival in Tabio and end of the tour, return to Bogotá
- 2 p.m.
Arrival in Bogotá (approx)
- Private land transportation Bogotá / Tabio / Bogotá.
- Bicycle (Mountain Bike).
- Health insurance
- Photographic record.
On the route:
- Energy bars
- Hydration drinks
- Assistance car/ mechanic following the group during all trips.
- Anything not mentioned in the package.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Additional drinks (to those offered by BIT).
- Purchases of personal items during your trip.
- Additional activities or tours.
- Transportation of extra people (family or friends).
- Extra transfers
- Sportswear and comfortable clothes. You can check the pants with pad for cyclists offered by BIT.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Light jacket (windbreaker)